Biodegradable NY Sneakers
Our NY Sneakers, launched in 2015, are now available in this new biodegradable version.
The uppers are one-piece of fine gauge knitted Tencel cut to our new sneaker silhouette with a low-cut ankle shape and laces that run low down the vamp. A contrasting knit pattern creates the stripe down each side.
There’s no padding, no panels stitched on, and no lining. As a result, the uppers are thin and lightweight with a clean, minimalist look (if you’re looking for a more chunky sneaker, try our Biodegradable LDN Sneakers, which are padded and knitted in a thicker gauge).
The Tencel uppers are very soft and mould around your feet. They’re breathable and lightweight to wear. They’re fully washable by hand or in a short cool wash with a towel (to protect from the wash drum).
The grey Tencel and organic cotton mix footbeds are lovely to put your feet on. These sneakers look and feel best without socks or with just sock liners. The Tencel allows air to circulate, helping your feet stay cool. It is also great at wicking moisture away, keeping them dry and hygienic.
The wood fibre and natural latex insoles on the side-wall stitched Apinat Bio sneaker outsoles provide cushioning, shock absorption and traction as you walk.
We added a Tencel woven WVS pull tab on the back to finish.
SUSTAINABLE / ETHICAL / VEGAN FASHION
- One piece knitted Tencel uppers with a low cut ankle and contrast knit pattern stripes on each side.
- There’s no padding, no panels stitched on and they’re not lined. As a result the uppers are thin and lightweight creating a clean, minimalist look.
- These sneakers look and feel best without socks or with just sock liners. The Tencel allows air to circulate around your feet helping them stay cool, it is also great at wicking moisture away keeping them dry and hygenic.
- The wood fibre and natural latex insoles laid on the side-wall stitched Apinat Bio sneaker outsoles provide cushioning, shock absorption and traction as you walk.
- Biodegradable. Zero Carbon. Vegan. Made only with biodegradable materials.
Ethics & Sustainability
Tencel knit weave uppers, linings, laces, padding, tape and stitching are derived from sustainably grown wood sources (FSC), harvested from certified and controlled sources. Certified as compostable and biodegradable under industrial, home, soil and marine conditions, they can fully revert back to nature. Compliant with Din Certco, Vincotte and US BPI compostability standards.
Biodegradable bioplastic lace tips.
Apinat outsoles. Compliant with biodegradability standards EN 13432/EN 14995 and US ASTM D6400.
Compressed cardboard toe puffs, counter and insole board (FSC).
Wood fibre and natural latex insoles.
This product is certified carbon-neutral
It's delivered to you through our carbon-neutral supply chain in paper and cardboard packaging
You can return it free of charge for 365 days with our paperless carbon-neutral returns service
Use our return to recycle service when this product's at its end of life
Always and forever vegan
Made in Portugal
We do not accept returns on items, except for clothing and shoes.
If clothing or shoes, we will accept returns up to 30 days from the date of shipment.
For all other items, if your item is damaged, lost, or incorrect, we will provide a refund within 30 days of the date of shipping. Please find our full refund policy here.